New in Struik Nature’s Pocket Guide series, this book covers an astonishing 500 southern African birds yet is small enough to fit in your pocket.
It is loaded with information that makes for quick and easy bird identification:
* Colour photographs show each bird, giving both male and female images where there's a difference.
* Concise text pinpoints key identification features.
* Distribution maps locate each species in the region.
* Calendar bars show the months when the birds are more likely to be seen.
* Bird size and breeding months are indicated.
For use at home or when travelling to new climes, this handy pocket guide will be an indispensable companion.
Published May 2009
Author Ian Sinclair