The Africa Cookbook
Journey through Africa with chef and founder of The Africa Café, Portia Mbau. In 1992 Portia started the first African restaurant in South Africa, serving food inspired by her travels across the continent. The Africa Cookbook is a compilation of her tried-and-tested recipes, designed to bring the flavours and techniques of Africa into your home kitchen. With Portia’s added flair, the dishes go beyond tradition into innovation. Part of her signature is the use of healthy and organic ingredients that still evoke the authentic, much-loved flavours of Africa.
- The ultimate cookbook for innovative dishes from across Africa.
- Pan-African recipes with Portia’s personal twist, accompanied by travel stories that reveal their origin.
- Dishes served in The Africa Café restaurant for over 27 years.
- Ideas for any occasion: from light finger foods and exotic cocktails to hearty vegetarian lunches and meaty dinner-party mains rounded off with indulgently sticky desserts.
- Quick and simple recipes, with easy-to-find ingredients.
- Adventurous food lovers can explore a continent of flavours and find favourites.
- The inspiring story of a black woman entrepreneur.